Terms and Conditions
Scope And Application
The data of each registered user is constantly backed-up to the Cloud and accessible on all AusTV platforms. To ensure the secure transfer of your data when synchronizing and backing-up, we’re using the trusted infrastructure of Amazon Web Services. You can read further on their security processes on: Amazon.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the website/the mobile app/the web app and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
General use of AusTV service:
- The AusTV iOS app can be used with or without a registered AusTV account.
- Creating the AusTV account is free or charge and allows settings and data to be synced between devices.
- When you log in via your Facebook/Google account, the only information we collect is your email and gender. We do not collect your friends list or other irrelevant for the use of the app, personal information. Please note, that you are asked for an access to this data as part of the basic data registration through Facebook and it is not a process AusTV has influence on or benefits from.
- You are personally responsible for keeping your password confidential. Do not share your password, do not permit or enable third parties to gain knowledge of it. If these details are lost or misused or if you suspect that they have been lost or misused, you are obliged to notify us of this immediately via email at [email protected].
- AusTV is available to you for use (“system uptime”) 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with a minimum 97% average availability for the year. If maintenance work is necessary and if AusTV is not available for maintenance reasons, we will inform you of this in good time. We will not be responsible for internet/network-related downtime and, in particular, for downtime in which AusTV cannot be accessed due to technical or other problems outside our area of influence, e.g. natural disasters,
fault of third parties.
- AusTV is integrated with IceTV – https://www.icetv.com.au. If you want to use the integration, you would be asked provide IceTV credentials.
- AusTV does not store your IceTV credentials, they are used once to obtain access tokens which allows AusTV to manage your scheduled recordings in IceTV.
Rules of use
When using AusTV you must observe all the relevant laws and other legal provisions of Australia. In particular, you may not enter and/or disseminate any data or content that breach the law or external industrial rights, copyright or other rights of third parties. You, yourself, are responsible for the data and content you provide. We do not give any guarantee that this content is true, fulfils any particular purpose or can serve any particular purpose. If you breach these rules, you will be excluded from using AusTV. We preserve our right to remove illegal content. If you notice or suspect any illegal or non-contractual use of AusTV, you can report this to us at any time via this email address: [email protected].
Auto-renewable Subscriptions and In-app Purchases
AusTV is free to download. To access AusTV premium features and to remove in-app advertising you are required to purchase the AusTV Plus in-app purchase.
AusTV Plus is available as a one-off purchase for $14.99, “Monthly Subscription” for $1.49 / month and “Quarterly Subscription” for $3.49 every three months.All prices are in Australian dollars and are subject to change without notice.
The following terms and conditions apply to using auto-renewable subscriptions:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscriptions will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and there is no increase in price when renewing
- Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
We will not provide refunds to purchases made in-app for AusTV Plus subscriptions or the one-off purchase.
Liability for Defects
We are only liable for defects in AusTV. A defect is considered to exist if it suspends or considerably
restricts the user from the intended usage of the app. You are obliged to inform us [email protected] when a defect of such essence occurs. You are not entitled to damages due to a defect to AusTV existing prior to or when you sign the agreement, or occurring thereafter, or due to a circumstance for which we are not responsible.
All AusTV products and services, as well as specific features and functionality are owned by AusTV and are protected by international copyright, and intellectual property laws.
Links to third party services
Changes to this Terms and Conditions
Termination of agreement
You can terminate your account and thus this agreement at any time by informing us on [email protected]. Your account will be deleted.
Your acceptance of these terms
This document was last updated on August 15, 2017.